Thursday 22 September 2011

The Face - Corinne Day

Despite the fact that there were less than 20 pieces in Corinne Day's exhibition The Face, I couldn't get enough of it and became totally absorbed by how animated and real, and vulnerable, these photos were.

This photo of Kate carrying coconuts was the only colour image of her Kate Moss selection in the exhibit and I found that I kept coming back to it. Everything about it's so natural, the food, the colouring, Kate herself in a sheer white shirt, and even though it's a stationary pose it seems far from still. It captures movement through her hair, her clothes and her jewellery and really plays into the idea of youth and vulnerability.


My total favourite was Kate wearing a head-dress stading on a log which I need to track down somehow for my bedroom wall. It's amazing. Go and see it at Gimpel Fils before it leaves at the end of September x

No comments:

Post a Comment