Tuesday 13 September 2011

A Million Little Pieces


In spite of the controversy surrounding this book I URGE you to read it. It charts 23 year old James Frey's journey through rehab in an attempt to recover from his heavy addiction to alcohol and drugs (whether accurately or not is the issue the critics have been furiously debating since it rose to a number 1 best-seller after featuring on Oprah). As we watch him try and put back together a soul that has smashed into 'A Million Little Pieces', this gripping page-turner will now stay with me long after it's been put back on my shelf. And despite the complicated personalities and characters I'm going to miss them now i can't read about them anymore - next book?

PS - I've heard rumours it's going to make the leap from page to screen. Although exceptionally dark in places I think it would be brilliant. Going to try and find out more...

No comments:

Post a Comment